Thursday, May 20, 2010

Gardening, Other Delights and 6 months next week!!!!

So this is my first foray into the blogging world, which I'm sure Ryan is super excited about. He left me with instructions this morning and I am muddling through them now.

We are slowly collecting every a little baby may need and in our pursuit I found a lovely steal (which I had to get my husband to bid for as I was in surgery at the time and I am sure the doctor or the patient would not have appreciated the slight distraction)
As these photos show we got an absolute steal on e-bay, over 100 items of boys clothing for 0000-0 for $70. They were in great condition and definitely worth it! The three on the left were new (George's shirt was from a Friend Jess in Sydney- Very cool dude!) The others were a purchase due to their coolness.




Our first baby, Tesla, is keeping warm in this whether by snuggling into our dressing gown, we have put in the garage, from breakfast and not waking again until the sun is well and truly out... AND i even got her a coat that she wears for wet weather.




She has also started two wonderful habits, the first is that she lets one drop (as in doggy farts) now when she needs to go out, just so everyone is aware and we get her outside quick smart, and and the second is, she brings everything she finds in the garden, be it old bones (not sure but they look pretty human), pots, knobbly bits of wood and even pipe when she can get her hands on it up to our door, which is so convenient when you have a pregnant women with no co-ordination stumbling about all the time... We have 000 on speed dial!


The weather really hasn't been too bad, especially during the day so I was out in the garden last weekend and it was wonderful. I figure I might try and get alot of it in before I can't bend over anymore! Its already starting to feel like I have a bum bag on all the time. And look at my belly (and face, and arse...oh I could go on forever...) grow.





Its funny, in Australia, people only say 1 of 2 things to pregnant women and it isn't what you would expect, like 'you are glowing' or 'You're looking well'.
Nope, they go with 'Wow, you are huge, sure there isn't two in there' or ' Gosh your carrying it really small aren't you'- implying, I'm sure, that I must have taken up smoking to actually lower the birth weight or maybe he is missing a leg, helpful huh ???
I have a little motto for everytime someone whats to help with their kind words and it is simple


I AM STRONG AND HEALTHY

Say that a few times and the other comments just fly away!
It is also couples week for yoga next Tuesday (figured that out the hard way by taking Ryan to the all girls class last week-sorry babe), and Ryan is amazing and supportive so I'm sure he is looking forward to it as well!

Oh and just for the record I had way more amazing names including Major, Marshall, Barclay and Matthew, thank you Mr Lindsay, who, came back to our little drawing board with.... YORRICK?????????
Maybe we should just do what I'm sure all teachers do and tell the kids to submit $5 to go in the running to win the right to name our bub?
Just a little image to leave you all with... I worry about all Ryan's books when baby comes!!!!




This was brought to you by Jessica Lindsay (I know it is so hard to tell the difference between a professional writer and her husband! )
Signing off (...is that right baby, Signing off lol)
x

No comments:

Post a Comment