Tuesday, March 9, 2010

And Here We Go

To have a child is a very serious decision. One that should not be taken lightly, it will affect the rest of your life immensely. We decided we wanted to get pregnant and we took the decision very seriously. I guess you could say we took it heavily and we honestly hope it will affect our lives til their very end. That is the plan and now that we know we are pregnant this all could not be made any more concrete in our minds.

We are about to embark on a journey that will never end. A path which we will walk, together, forever. It's either really scary or completely awesome. For some it's one, other the latter, but for us I believe it will be both. And so it should be. Anything less means we just aren't being real about it all.

Here we hope to show you everything, or whatever is flattering, that we go through. Family that lives in the regional fields of France right up to the sweaty climes of Charters Towers. Even those who live five minutes down the road can be given the inside straight on just what we are doing and going through. Grandmothers (and not for the first time, either), cousins, uncles and aunts, and maybe even us. It will be so much fun, so hectically insane and full on that perhaps we'll look back on this in future times and smile, laugh, perhaps even cry. It would be presumptuous to think that we won't.

It's going to be a big 2010, and anything can happen. And perhaps it should. Feel free to stick around with us as it does.

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.
Elizabeth Stone

I can't wait to see our walking heart stroll by.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulation Lindsays!!!!!

    You will both make wonderful parents!!!!

    Love Uncle Jame$

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats friend! Being a father is the most rewarding thing ever. My child is only 13 months old, but I already am hard pressed to remember a time without her. I wish you and especially your wife well in this time, and I hope her pregnancy is tolerable (I don't pretend to say I understand what she's going through, although I am in your shoes right now myself with my wife). If you need anything, whatever I can offer from the States (even if its just encouragement) I will do so. Good luck on your fantastic journey!

    ReplyDelete