Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Meet Ampersand

We were out shopping for baby-type stuff; maternity clothes, organic face wipes, you know, baby-type stuff. It was a usual weekend.

I'm not the greatest at shopping, unless it's for books and nerd-type stuff, so I grin and bear it while the lady tries on her clothes and ooh's and ah's over the usual kid stuff. I'm just a walking bag carrier and credit card holder. Usually.

This weekend while Jess was trying on her clothes, I spotted a little monkey who told me his name was Ampersand. He is so gloriously cute and cheeky; a little brown monkey made from corduroy and with little patches of old material for belly, ears, and arms. He was so cute and he just wanted to come home with me and wait for the little one to eventually join us. Who was I to tell Ampersand that he could not come?

I looked at his price tag and it seemed he struck a reasonable enough deal with me. Jess laughed when she saw me holding him and then didn't seem too impressed with the outcome of my price bartering with him, but never mind her, I hold the credit cards, remember?

So I brought Ampersand home and he lives in my office with me now. We'll write in the mornings together and have such a good time waiting for the little Lindsay to come join us.
See, Ampersand even left some room next to him just for the baby. How sweet!

3 comments:

  1. I do love me a good stuff doll!!! That sounds wrong!!!!

    Very cute indeed!!!

    Benjamin named his Elephant, Emmitt that I thought was sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's not the same as naming the kid after me, but I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. James - that's funny that Ben would know the name of a 90's Cowboys running back...

    Matt - yeah, I thought you'd appreciate the name. Don't let it go too far to your head.

    ReplyDelete