Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Parental Reading Guides

Not every set of parents need be identical. Jess and I revel in the fact that we are different.

I am a boy; Jess is a girl.

I have black hair; Jess has blonde hair.

I am a teacher; Jess is a nurse.

I get up early every morning; Jess has been known to sleep 20 hours in a day before.

I like Doritos; Jess likes Cheese & Bacon Balls.

I love LOST: Jess hates even the fact that I love LOST.

My favourite movie is Chasing Amy; Jess' favourite movie is Striptease.

It is these differences that gives us the power to appreciate the other person for what they bring to the relationship and how the other person would never have it if it weren't for them.

I love our differences and know that everything Jess is and does makes me a better person. Yet, when we returned from book shopping the other day I was a tad concerned about our choice of purchases. We went into a great little secondhand book store and this is what we bought.


Just doesn't seem like one of us is on the right page as far as what makes a good parenting book. Guess which one it is...

3 comments:

  1. Yoga for Ryan and Raging Bull for Jess??

    Love the background!!! Tartan

    I've read at least 80% of 5-6 baby books!!!! We really enjoyed "Up the Duff"

    Congrats guys!!! How many week along are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey bro, yeah we're reading a few, they're interesting for sure. I like them, mostly.

    We'd be about 14 weeks along, I guess. Still all going smoothly, Jess is even napping right now as I work quietly in the office, not too shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "1 of these things is not like the others...." :D

    ReplyDelete